Low back hurting? Sore neck? Tight shoulders?
Say hello to your cat and cow!
It's a natural combination of poses to move through from table top that will awaken the back, neck, shoulders, chest, abs and hips. Feel your stress melt away as you match your breath to movement. Improve flexibility in the spine with both flexion and extension.
Here's a simple breakdown to help you love your asana. Feel the rhythm as you flow!
Bitilasana (Cow Pose)
- Start in table top - all fours with shoulders stacked over wrists and knees under hips
- Inhale - Drop your belly and send your gaze upwards as you lift your chin
- Feel your tailbone spread apart
- Press your hands evenly into the ground
- Pull your chest through your shoulders
Marjaryasana (Cat Pose)
- Exhale - round through your spine and draw your chin towards your chest
- Feel your shoulder blades spread apart as you stretch your rhomboids
- Keep distributing the weight evenly between both hands
Repeat 3-5 times. Pay attention to your breathing and alignment.
Tiffany Lord is the Owner of Love & Asana™ and a Power Vinyasa Instructor based in Woodland Park, Colorado. She is a true believer in the power of yoga to help improve mental and physical health. Her mission is to share that with the world through amazing shirts that help fund yoga programs and a sweet asana practice.
Featured Shirt: Cat Cow Fade Muscle Tank