Summer is here and the travel bug is calling! Personally, I love visiting new places or old ones that are too good to never see again, but I hate what prolonged hours of cramped travel conditions does to my body...especially my hips. Here are my top tips for keeping your hips relaxed while hittin' the open road or sky.
Pit Stop Yoga
Always get out of the car and walk around when you stop for gas. This helps with blood flow and mitigates lactic acid build-up. Plus, you probably need to go to the bathroom anyways!
Stretch it out with these 3 poses:
- Standing Figure 4 - great for glutes and outer thighs
- Forward Fold - stretches hamstrings
- Mountain with Side Bend - releases tension from your hip attachment and stretches up into your arm
Hydrate! Dehydration can cause muscle cramps and other unpleasant symptoms that make a car trip way less fun, so listen to your body and refill that water bottle whenever you can.
Seated Yoga in a Plane or Car
- Seated Figure 4 - stretches glutes/outer thighs
- Seated Cow Pose - releases tension from Psoas (hip flexor)
Hey! I'm Tiffany Lord, Yoga for Migraines guru and Founder of Love & Asana. My passion is helping people just like you learn easy ways to integrate yoga into your daily life to manage headaches and stress. Want help adding yoga to your lifestyle? Schedule a free 20-minute call to see if one of my programs is a good fit for you!